Friday 9 February 2018

I Corinthians 3:12-13 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is.

Recently, I’ve been praying to be more Eternally minded. I’ve been wanting to recognize more the cause and effect of my actions and the implications they have for eternity.I’ve truly been wanting to be more spiritually minded and have my eyes pointed towards Eternity, and not just that of mine, but to fix my eyes on that of others. Just these past two weeks , God has been showing me a little more how to keep my eyes fixed on these things in a healthy way and He used these verses to do it. I love how in this chapter, Paul talks about how him and another Co-laborer (Apollos) work together. One to sow seed, another to water but Paul also recognizes that it is God who gives the increase. It is so easy; at least for me to lose sight of who is actually giving the increase. Though I am building on a foundation of Christ, I’m afraid that a lot of that labor was with wood, hay and straw because it will become clear; for the day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sore it is. I want to recognize more, God’s power giving the increase and build upon the foundation of Christ precious materials that will last in the Day that I may read my reward in heaven and cast it right back to the feet of Jesus.

Application: Today I will ask God to help me disciple a young boy named moses and pray that as I spend time with him that Jesus would be right there with us and the Holy Spirit would guide as we spend time with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment