Sunday 17 December 2017

I Peter 1:6,7 NKJV

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, 

In this letter, Peter is writing to encourage suffering believers in Asia Minor who are quite often being persecuted. Given that their sufferings through persecution and many other trials are far beyond anything I'm going through right now, non the less, there are still various trials that I and my team are facing on a daily bases. I can say that these trials surely test my faith in a large way. The past few days have been quite difficult in that I just really don't want to continue doing some of things I'm required to do. Some days I am tired and just down right not up for it . After reading these verses and digging a little deeper and just looking to understand what the readers of this time were going through encoureges me to press on. Given that I am not going through anything close to what some of them have endoured and God provided His Spirit to strengthen them, how much more capable am I with the help of the Holy Spirit to press on in my current trials. Knowing that the genuiness of my faith is being tested by fire and I just pray that it will be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ. With that light being shed upon my life and the daily struggles I endure, I know that it is far beyond worth it to continue to press on and press into the tasks that are layed before me.

Application: This week as I find myself in the midst of trial I.E frustration, lack of desire to do certain things or whatever else my flesh may plague me with, I will look to this verse and know that my faith is being tested and seek God and ask for a fresh filling of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment