Sunday 17 December 2017

Ezekiel 3:4 NKJV Then He said to me: “Son of man, go to the house of Israel and speak with My words to them.

In this time the Lord is calling Ezekiel to his prophetic ministry, but the Lord gives him some insight into the people he's going to be speaking to. The Lord tells Ezekiel that the people of Israel will not listen to him. The Lord even tells him, "for you are not sent to a people of unfamiliar speech and of hard language for they would listen" (paraphrase). Ezekiel was sent to his own people and God knew that they would not listen but he must do it anyways. I look upon the lives of the people back home and see the same thing. Even in me before I received Christ, I did not listen apart from Devine intervention. I cab understand the pain Ezekiel must have went through bringing God's word to people and then just rejecting it. Seeing little to no fruit. The discouragement and heart ache he must have had to go through seeing his brethren rejecting the Lord. This truly opened my eyes to the opportunity I have being in a foreign land. The people truly do listen and hear what we say and I've overlooked that until the Lord reveiled it to me in this chapter.

Application: I will seize the opportunity I have to reach out to the people I meet and speak boldly the Gospel of Christ to those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment